From the State of Washington government website:
“Initiative 502 legalized marijuana use for adults, however, there are still a number of restrictions. It is important for you to be aware of the following laws:
- Age Limit – Only adults age 21 and older can purchase and possess marijuana.
- Purchase Limits – Adults age 21 and over can purchase up to one ounce of useable marijuana (the harvested flowers, or “bud”), 16 ounces of marijuana-infused edibles in solid form, 72 ounces in liquid form, and 7 grams of marijuana concentrates.
- Buying and Selling – Marijuana can only be sold and purchased at state-licensed retail stores. A valid photo ID is required, and no one under 21 is allowed on the retail premises. Many retail marijuana stores only accept cash.
- Public Use – It is illegal to consume marijuana in view of the public.
- Driving – It is illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana if you have more than 5 nanograms of active THC per milliliter of blood. Doing so may result in significant legal penalties.
- Travel – It is illegal to take marijuana outside of Washington. Doing so may result in significant legal penalties.”